M.Eng. Tuition and Financial Aid FAQ

Tuition & Financial Aid questions about the Chemical Engineering M.Eng.

The following FAQs address tuition and financial aid questions that prospective applicants have raised about Cornell's Master of Engineering program in Chemical Engineering.

How much does the program cost?

Click to Open

The Bursar’s office updates the tuition rate for M.Eng. degrees each academic year. M.Eng. degrees are considered Tier 1.

How can I qualify for financial aid?

Click to Open

​​​​​​Financial aid can also be awarded in the form of Instructional Support Positions for the spring semester.

What types of instructor support positions are available to M.Eng. students?

Click to Open

Based on available funding, M.Eng. students may be offered a merit-based graduate teaching/research specialist (GTRS) award that consists of a stipend and a commitment to support an instructor over the course of the semester.

M.Eng. students may also be hired for hourly paid instruction support positions.

More information about these and other types of funding are available on the M.Eng. Admissions Paying for Your Degree page.

Are part-time jobs available on campus?

Click to Open

There are many part-time jobs available on campus and in the community. Visit the Student Employment Services website. 

Since the M.Eng. program is intense and requires schedule flexibility, make sure not to take employment that impedes the successful completion of degree requirements. International students are not usually allowed work outside of Cornell while in the United States, except under the terms of Optional Practical Training.