Professor Cohen received a B.Sc. from the American University in Cairo and Ph.D. from Princeton University. After three short postdoctoral and research positions, he joined Cornell University in 1977. Professor Cohen worked to develop a research program at Cornell in the area of polymer characterization that includes light scattering and rheology. Funds supporting this research came from NSF, ACS- Petroleum Research Fund and a consortium of industries. The latter supported a joint program with colleagues from Mechanical Engineering on the subject of injection molding of plastics.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Chercheur Invité (Ecole Supérieure de Physique et Chimie Industrielles) 2010
- Merrill Presidential Scholar Mentor (Cornell University) 2000
- Professeur Invité (Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan, France) 1999
- Merrill Presidential Scholar Mentor (Cornell University) 1996
- The Sandy and Russell Rosen Lectureship in Chemical Engineering (Technion Haifa, Israel) 1984