Graduate Student Awards
The Austin Hooey Graduate Research Excellence Recognition Award is the highest award given to a graduate student by the School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. It recognizes outstanding contributions to scholarship and research towards a Ph.D. degree.
- Spring 2015: Melissa Takahashi and Ashley Macner
- Fall 2014: Jason Boock and Yingying Lu
- Spring 2014: Brian Koo and Elizabeth (Beth) Savoy
- Fall 2013: Jay Hoon Park and Samanvaya Srivastava
- Spring 2013: Deidre Costello and Jennifer Schaefer
- Fall 2012: Kaifu Bian
- Spring 2012: Nate Hansen and Ananth Kaushik
- Fall 2011: Praveen Agarwal and Jeremy Luterbacher
- Spring 2011: Tushar Desai and Henry Lau
- Fall 2010: Rebecca Cantrell and Jeisa Pelet
- Fall 2009: Jordan Atlas
- Spring 2009: Joseph Goose and Vibha Kalra
- Fall 2008: Francisco Martinez
- Spring 2008: Adam Fisher and Xiong Wen (David) Lou
- Fall 2007: Lydia Contreras and Colman Carroll
- Spring 2007: Gretchen McAuliffe and Tobias Wheeler
- Fall 2006: Eric Theisen and Chongli Yuan
- Spring 2006: Xialong Yin and Mohit Haran
- Fall 2005: Keith Neeves and Venkat Minnikanti
- Spring 2005: Cormac Byrne and Qiang Zhang
- Fall 2004: Leonard Harris and Aravind Killampalli
2014-2015 Outstanding Graduate Student TA Recipient
Photo to come
2013-2014 Outstanding Graduate Student TA Recipient
In May 2014, Prof. Roseanna Zia congratulated Sushmit Goyal as Outstanding Graduate TA of the Year for his work in ChemE 3230-Fluid Mechanics. Sushmit is a Ph.D. candidate working with Prof. Fernando Escobedo.
2012-2013 Outstanding Graduate Student TA Recipients
In May 2013, Prof. Jim Engstrom congratulated Jay Park as Outstanding Graduate TA of the Year for his work in ChemE 3720-Introduction to Process Dynamics and Control. Jay is a Ph.D. candidate working with Prof. Yong Joo.
Also, in May 2013, Prof. Roseanna Zia congratulated Vikram Thapar as Outstanding Graduate TA of the Year for his work in ChemE 3230-Fluid Mechanics. Vikram is a Ph.D. candidate working with Prof. Fernando Escobedo.