The School of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at Cornell University is one of the premier programs of its kind. The diversity of opportunities inherent in chemical and biomolecular engineering and the access to the vast intellectual and facilities resources all across Cornell make this an exceptional place to earn a degree.
We offer four degree programs:
- Bachelor of Science – A flexible program, providing a strong foundation in fundamentals with opportunities to pursue a wide range of specialized interests.
- Master of Engineering –This one-year master’s program prepares students for a professional career in engineering or other problem-solving positions, or for further graduate study. We offer two industry-oriented specializations in Energy Economics and Engineering and Medical & Industrial Biotechnology, or can be tailored to prepare for individual career goals.
- Master of Science – High-level research experience trains students for top Ph.D. programs or research careers.
- Doctoral program (Ph.D.) – High-level command of concepts and an unsurpassed research experience turns students into world-class researchers.
As an M.S. or Ph.D. student in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, offers specialization in the following areas of research:
- Biomolecular Engineering
- Complex Fluids and Polymers
- Computational and Systems Biology
- Nanoscale Electronics, Photonics and Materials Processing
- Sustainable Energy Systems